Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A Photo a Day

 Hello friends and family,

I apologize for the delayed blog post!! As I am sure you have worked out, our internet has been on and off throughout the duration of this trip and last night happened to be one of the "offs"!

Because you have a blog from Travis to read, I have decided to share just a couple of the picture highlights from our past couple of days and at the end of them I will give a little summary of what we did yesterday and today!

I hope you enjoy!

This is Curtis and me surveying land. As Curtis put it "on my first couple of surveying experiences I have had cows and goats trying to eat my equipment" to which Travis responded saying "if you can survey here, you can probably survey elsewhere too."


 We have spent the past couple of days cleaning the tanks with the chiefs of each village. This is Wilson. He had cleaned his tanks before and was showing everyone else how to do it.

  

This was the fantastic community dinner we had with the leadership of the community.


Today we played a lot of soccer! 
 
 Curtis and I were on opposite teams.


And at one point in the game a cow ran through the field which very quickly cleared of children. 
 

 We also gave the kiddos what we call "helicopter rides" which they enjoyed very much. We worked on the skills of making lines and taking turns too.


These were a set of twins that I was able to hang out with all day.

As for today and yesterday, here is a really brief overview of what we were up to!

Yesterday we started by cleaning the tanks at our two furthest sites. As I mentioned in the picture above, one of the chiefs had already cleaned his tanks and was able to teach the other chiefs how to do it. Following cleaning tanks at two sites we collected several interviews of members of the community and the leadership of the community.

Today we started the day by cleaning tanks again, this time at a different site. Following this, we collected more interviews and then had an involved game of soccer. Following this we translated half of the surveys we have administered this trip and finalized our documentation. 

Thank you so much for staying with us throughout our adventures if you are still reading! We appreciate your support!

We will be in touch soon!

With much love,
Nikki



No comments:

Post a Comment