Monday, August 5, 2019

Excuse Me, Are You Guys Park Rangers?

As the trip nears its end, the team has finally become as acclimated as possible to the people, the culture, the food, the language, and of course, the dancing. Just the other day, we were walking down the street, and a lady asked us if we were park rangers...and I think I will take that as a compliment. LOOK OUT PARK RANGERS, HERE WE COME!

We are nearing the end of our trip now, and it is safe to say that the time has flown by. It seems like just yesterday we were prepping for our first Community Vision Board meeting, and yet our final meeting will be tomorrow. I have a feeling it will be bittersweet, but I am excited to conclude our findings with the chiefs, discuss our future plans, close out the 3 systems that our team has been tirelessly working on for the past five years, and then a feast. Pastor Jacques has invited the team and all the chiefs to a meal at his house where we can break bread and enjoy some quality fellowship. Stay tuned for more on how that goes.

Quick Updates on the past few days.

We went and assessed the third site in Hanika, and I am ecstatic about the potential impact that this team can have in this part of the world.
Man, clean drinking water is unbelievable vital to our success and well-being, and there is not a day I am not reminded of that.

Last weekend the team headed back into Kigali. We went to the Kigali National Genocide Museum and a safari in Akagera National Park. Enjoy some of the quality pictures (group pictures to come later)!

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas.

"Hi, I'm a zebra. No one knows what I do, but I look pretty cool, Am I white or black?"
--Ariana Grande

Never seen some monkeys getting attacked by small little birds before. 


Stay tuned for more blog posts!

1 comment: