Wednesday, August 7, 2019

What's in that Monkey Juice?

There is a coffee shop in Musanze right down the street from our Fatima Hotel called Crema, and believe me when I say it is a little piece of Boulder right here in Africa.

Everything, from the smells to the customers to the sounds to the overall environment, just screams stereotypical Boulder life. It has been nice to debrief, rest, enjoy the amazing service, and delight in the best coffee around.






There is one drink that is only found in this coffee shop called the Golden Monkey, and I have fallen in love. Warning: Consider this to be a sappy, love song for my newfound joy. Take a break from the serious blogs written for this beautiful form of entertainment.



Oh Golden Monkey, Oh Golden Monkey, what is in that Monkey Juice?
Your birth was conceived out of the ingenuity of a Congolese barista, and I couldn't be more happy that you have found your way into this world.
How lucky am I, that of any place on this Earth, I found myself in the right place at the right time...the only place at the only time.
I have considered buying lottery tickets, because the luck I have absorbed by finding you is sending me over the top.

What am I most enamored by you?

Is it your technically proficient creation? I witnessed how each grain of coffee is specially chosen, finely ground down, and weighed to the exact specifications. I watched the meditation of precise brews and filter separations. And I couldn't contain my joy once you were soaked in a mixture of honey, cinnamon, apple juice, and ginger soda, hand-pressed until each last drop was finalized.

Is it your beauty? Maybe it is the condensation that finds itself on your glass. Maybe it is the golden color that I can only imagine what heaven's streets are colored with. Maybe it is the ice clanging ever so slightly up against the glass that awakens a what was once lost in my mind. Or maybe it is the beauty found within...

I was always told to seek out the beauty from within, and I now understand why. The first time I tried your delectable taste, a symphony erupted in my heart. The sweetness of the cinnamon, the spice of the ginger, and the purity of the coffee bean all combine for an out-of-body experience.

Your scent makes me come alive, and I can't wait to soak up the goodness you will surely bring. They say long distance is hard, but I know we can work it out. Just the thought of your taste rejuvenates my mind and refreshes the dullest parts of my body.

I know this is selfish of me, but I wish you were closer. I could enjoy a cup of you with each meal, share your beauty with my friends, and always know you are near.

But I guess this is the price you pay for traveling...and for love. You share your heart with others, and that part of you will always remain after you've gone.

It's so hard to say goodbye, but the comfort I reside in is knowing that I will be back...and the taste will be all the sweeter.

Goodbye, my love. Until we meet again.

Your love,

Gary

4 comments:

  1. Do you have the following issues contact Priest Mandaker for the best solution.
    * Is your love falling apart?
    * Do you want your love to grow stronger?
    * Is your partner loosing interest in you?
    Priest Mandaker Alamun can help you perform the following spells
    *  Fast Working Love Spell
    * Make The One I Love, Love Me Back Spell
    * Break Up Spells
    *  Heal My Broken Heart Spells
    *  Binding Love Spells
    * Commitment Love Spells
    *  Marriage Love Spells
    * Friend Become My Lover Spells
    * Powerful Love Binding Spells
    * Can’t Live Without You Love Spells
    *  Kiss & Make Up Love Spell this is designed to reunite lovers
    * Good Luck Attraction Spell
    * Stop Arguments Spell
    * Return Your Ex-Lover now spell
    * Have Him / Her Desire You spell
    * Keep Your Lover Faithful spell
    * Attract Your Soul Mate spell
    * Break Them Up Break Up And Return Your Lover spell
    * Keep Us Together Forever spell
    * Protection And Cleansing spell
    * Make Me Irresistible spell
    * Click this link witch-doctor.page4.me
    * Witchhealing@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip sounds amazing and the drinks look super tasty! Check out my blog as well here: Exploring Caribbean

    ReplyDelete