Friday, June 10, 2011

Judy's Guest Blog


It was very early in the morning and I had to travel to meet with EWB-CU friends. I arrived in Kigali at around 8:30am in the morning from Nairobi. Since I did not know where we were supposed to be based, I had to wait for the mentor (Elliot) who was to arrive later in the afternoon. I waited patiently and after five hours Eliot arrived. I went with him to the place where we were supposed to spend the night and also meet other EWB-CU members who had arrived earlier on. That was Eric, Cori, and Ankit. The warm welcome that I was given really impressed me. We stayed in Kigali for three days then we went to L’Esperance Orphanage where we were supposed to carry out our project. The warm welcome that we were given at the orphanage was very encouraging.

To cut the long story short, my stay at the orphanage with the EWB-CU group has made me experience a lot of positive things.  Playing soccer with the children and also being involved in the projects was amazing. My friends Lila, Eric, Cori, Ankit and Andy; please continue with the same spirit.
“Experience is the best teacher.”
Judy



Note: Judy joined the team for the past two weeks through a connection with our professional mentor, Elliot. Born and raised in Kenyan, Judy is studying mathematics and computer science at Kenya Methodist University [KMU]. It has been a joy to work and get to know her during our time. She hopes to continue volunteering with our group. 

No comments:

Post a Comment